Women’s Health Services in Washington, DC
At Washington Surgi-Clinic, we provide women throughout the Washington, DC area with excellent women’s health services. We have board-certified physicians and skilled medical staff at our fully equipped gynecology office. Whether you are coming in for a gynecological checkup or family planning services, we can provide you with the care you need.
Some of the gynecology services we offer include:
- Annual pap smears
- Treatment for vaginal infections
- Birth control (oral contraception, the Ortho Evra patch, Depo-Provera injections, etc.)
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases (herpes, gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, etc.)
- Treatment for human papillomavirus (HPV) or genital warts (condylomata)
- HIV testing
When to See a Gynecologist
Most women will see their gynecologists at least once per year for annual pelvic exams, which screen for the early signs of cervical cancer. In some cases, however, there may be a more urgent need for care that will warrant a more immediate appointment with the doctor.
- Preventive care – Annual pap smears are recommended for women over the age of 21, even those who are not sexually active. These preventive exams are essential for women, since they can facilitate the early treatment of cancer and other conditions that may threaten reproductive health. For some women, annual pap smears may begin sooner, depending on their sexual activity and menstrual health.
- STD testing – Your gynecologist can provide safe and discreet testing for STDs along with the treatment necessary to manage of cure these conditions, which may otherwise have a long-term effect on your fertility.
- Birth control – Birth control may not only prevent pregnancy, but it can be helpful for women with symptoms like heavy menstrual bleeding or severe cramps. With a visit to your gynecologist, you can explore all of your birth control options—including oral contraception, the Ortho Evra patch, Depo-Provera shots, and intrauterine devices—and make an informed decision about what’s best for your needs.
- Infections, discomfort, or irritation – If you ever experience symptoms such as vaginal discomfort, pelvic pain, or irregularities in your menstrual cycle, you’ll want to schedule gynecologic care right away, since these symptoms could be signs of serious conditions.
Schedule your appointment today!
Our clinic only takes patients by appointment. This allows us to cap the number of patients we see daily so that each woman we evaluate or treat receives individualized attention. If you would like to be seen by one of our Washington, DC gynecologists, we encourage you to schedule an appointment. We see patients on weekdays and on Saturdays.
Washington Surgi-Clinic is also a DC abortion clinic that can meet your needs if you need to terminate a pregnancy. If you want to set up an appointment, please call our office at (202) 659-9403. We speak both English and Spanish. Se habla español.